- Raw mango - 1 [ peeled and grated ]
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Sea same seeds - 1/2 cup
- [ dry roast in low flame for 5 minutes make it cool and grind to a powder ]
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp [ crushed to a fine powder ]
- Methi seeds - [ dry roast till red and crushed to a fine powder ]
- Salt - as required
For seasoning :
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Dry red chillies - 2 to 3 [ broken ]
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Curry leaves - little
Heat oil in heavy bottom kadai, when the oil becomes hot add the seasonings one by one. When its splutter immediately add grated mango and turmeric and mix well. Cook for 10 minutes with out lid till oil separates. Add the sea same powder mix and continue cook on low flame. Then add mustard and methi seeds powder to that. Add required salt and stir nicely and then remove from the gas. Serve with steamed rice and fresh ghee. You can make this and store it in the fridge for 2 weeks.
Use slightly sweet tart mangoes. It's tastes good.