- Arbi leaves - 2-3 (cleaned & finely chopped)
- Channa dal - 1 cup
- Tuvar dal - 2 hand full
- Green chilli - 2-3
- Dry red chilli - 2
- Onion - 2 (finely chopped)
- Curry leaves - little
- Rice flour - 2 tbsp
- Salt - As required
- Turmeric - 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida - 1/4 tsp
- Oil - Enough for frying
- Soak all the dals together for 4 hours.
- Then drain the water & grind in a mixer along with salt, chilli, asafoetida & turmeric. (Don't grind smoothly but grind coarsely).
- Then add chopped onions, arbi leaves, curry leaves & rice flour. (While grinding, don't add more water).
- In the meantime, keep oil in a kadai.
- When it becomes hot, make small flat vadas & deep fry in the oil till it becomes crispy.
- Serve with tomato ketchup or chutney.