- Violet brinjal - 1 / 2 k. g.
- Oil - for frying
- Salt - as required
- Garlic chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Fresh melted ghee - 2 tsp
Select big and even sized brinjals. Wash, remove stem andcut in to 2 or three pieces and wipe well. Then take a deep curved kadai, add oil heat it required temperature for frying and drop 3 to 4 brinjals gently in the oil one by one. Keep the flame in medium. [ some times brinjal breaks while frying and oil splutters. so keep yourself little away from the gas. ] In between turn the brinjals gently and deep fry till it becomes almost black in colour on all sides evenly.Fry all the brinjals in the same way and make it cool to temperature. Peel the outer skin, split in the centre and arrange all brinjals in a plate. Mix little salt, garlic chilli powder with melted ghee to form a thick paste. Keep little this as stuffing in the split centre of brinjal. Serve with hot cooked rice and melted ghee.
Garlic chilli powder :
- Red chilli powder - 1 cup
- [ coarsely powdered at home in mixie ]
- Peeled garlic - 15 flakes
- Rock salt - 1 tbl. sp. [ heaped ]
- Grated dry coconut - 2 tbl. sps.
Put all the ingredients in mixie and pound to coarse powder. Then preserve in airtight bottle.