- Ladies finger [ bhindi ] - 7 to 8 [ cut into 2 inch long piece ] fry in oil till light brown in colour .
- Sour thick curd - 3 cups
- Turmeric powder - 1 / 2 tsp
- Salt - as required
Grind together :
- Grated fresh coconut - 1 / 2 cup
- Green chillies - 10 to 12
- Coriander seeds - 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 / 4 tsp
- Thuar dal - 1 tbl. sp. [ level ]
- [ soak in water for an hour ]
- Coconut oil - 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 / 2 tsp
- Fenugreek - 1 / 4 tsp
- Red chillies - 2
- Curry leaves, coriander leaves
First fry ladies finger in hot oil till it change brown in colour and keep aside. Whip curd and mix with ground paste, salt, and turmeric powder. Add fried ladies finger and boil for few minutes. Heat coconut oil, add seasonings and mix with kulambu. Garnish with coriander and curry leaves.
Reduce green chillies and add few red chillies while grinding. Add little chutney dal also while grinding. Omit thuar dal and add chutney dal while grinding.