- Fersh ripe red chillies - 1/4 kg.
- Onion - 2 small [ peel and chopped ]
- Garlic flakes - 4 to 5 [ peel and chopped ]
- Tamarind paste - 2 to 3 tbl. sp.
- Green chillie - 2 [ optional ]
- Salt -as required
- Jaggery - as required
- Seasame oil - 3 to 4 tbl. sp.
For seasoning :
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Fenugreek - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida - 1/4 tsp
Take one kadai. Heat little oil, and fry red chillies, chopped onion, garlic, green chillies. When it becomes little soft, add salt, tamarind, jaggery and mix well. When it becomes cool, grind them to a fine paste. Then keep the same kadai, add remaining oil, heat it and add the seasonings and then pour the ground paste. Keep stirring until oil gets separated and remove from the gas. Allow to cool and store it in a dry bottle. You can use this for 15 days. Keep in fridge.