- Tender brinjals - 1 / 2 k. g.
- Oil - for frying
- Salt - as required
- Turmeric powder - 1 / 2 sp
- Bengal gram dhal - 2 tbl.sps.
- Coriander seeds - 1 hand full
- Dry red chillies - 4 to 6
- Urad dhal - 1 sp
- Tamarind paste - 1 / 2 sp
- Jaggery - 1 / 2 sp
- Fresh grated coconut - 2 tbl. sps.
- Powdered asafoetida - little
- Cut coriander leaves - little
Slice brinjals lenghwise and soak in water till required. Fry red chillies, coriander seeds, urad dhal, bengal gram dhal in oil till it turns golden brown in colour. Dry roast coconut separately till golden. Pound every thing together in mixie along with asafoetida. Then heat oil in a pan and fry brinjal, add salt, turmeric powder, tamarind paste, jaggry and close with a lid in lower flame till its change in colour. Then add powdered ingredients and mix well. Remove from the fire. Garnish with cut coriander leaves.