- Bengal gram dhal - 2 cups [ soaked in hot water ]
- Onion big - 3 [ peel and chopped ]
- Green chillies - 3 to 4
- Tomatoes - 2 [ cut into small pieces ]
- Cinnamon - 2 small pieces
- Cloves - 2
- Mint leaves -1 / 4 cup [ chopped ]
- Red chilli powder - 1 1 / 2 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 / 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1 / 2 tsp
- Oil - 250 ml.
- Ginger garlic - little [ chopped ]
- Fresh coriander leaves - little
- Salt - as required
Soak and grind bengal gram dhal along with green chillies,and salt. Mix chopped mint leaves to the dhal. Then keep a kadai on the fire, add oil. When it becomes hot add small roundels of ground bengal gram dhal, and fry till half done. Keep it aside, keep kadai on the fire add oil. When the oil becomes hot add gram masala, chopped onion, chopped ginger garlic and fry till it becomes golden brown in colour. Then add cut tomatoes and fry well.. Add chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder saute well. Add the vadas to that and a cup of water. Allow to boil for 5 mints in low flame till the raw flavour goes. Remove from the gas and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with roti ,and dosas.