- Brinjal (small) - 1/4 kg
- Coriander leaves - 3 tbsp
- Onion - 2 [ peeled and chopped ]
- Tomatoes red - 2 [ chopped ]
- Green chilli - 2
- Cashews - 15 [ soaked in water and grind to a smooth paste ]
- Ginger garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - as required
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 11/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Oil - 3 tbsp
[First grind coriander leaves and green chilli to a smooth paste and cut the brinjals to a four without removing the stem and deep fry in oil and keep aside].
Take a pan & add oil to that. When the oil becomes hot, add mustard seeds. When the seeds pop, add onion, tomato, ginger garlic paste and mix well. Fry till it changes to a mushy paste and then add dry masala powders to that along with required water and mix well. Allow to boil for 5 to 7 minutes. Then add coriander chilli paste and cashew paste. Mix well and add the fried brinjals to that. Close with a lid and allow to boil for 5 minutes more. When the oil gets floated up, remove from the gas and garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Your yummy subji is ready. Serve with roti and rice.