- Raw rice flour - 1 1 / 2 glass
- Bengal gram flour [ besan ] - 1 glass
- Salt - as required
- Red chillie powder - 2 tsp
- Asafoetida - 1 / 4 sp
- Butter or hot oil - 2 teaspoon
- Oil - 1 / 2 litre [ for deep frying ]
Sieve rice flour, and besan through a fine siever. Then mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Just add enough water to make a thick dough. [ do not keep the dough for a long time make pakkodas immediately. ] Then heat oil in kadai, keep portions of the dough in a pakkodam container and press it down straight in the hot oil [ keep the gas in medium flame ] in a rotatory motion. When it is slightly crisp [ the sound and bubbles subside ] turn the other side over. When crisp and golden on both sides, remove pakkodas with a perforated spoon and keep over a jali vessel, to drain excess oil. store in a air - tight box.